Motor Carrier Road Tax (MCRT)

While the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) allows for interstate travel, the Motor Carrier Road Tax (MCRT) portion of the Motor Carrier return, covers qualified motor vehicles for intrastate travel.

If you have a qualified motor vehicle, are based in West Virginia, and do not leave the state, you must obtain MCRT credentials.


  • GSR-01 Request for Statement of Good Standing
  • Motor Carrier Applications:
  • New Motor Carrier Road Tax (MCRT) Registration Application
  • Renewal Application for Motor Carrier