Motor Fuel Distributor Bonding Requirements

Along with an application for a license required by section eleven of this article, either a cash bond or a continuous surety bond in the amount or amounts specified shall be filed.

For a distributor license, the amount shall be a minimum of $2,000 or an amount equal to three months' tax liability, whichever is greater, but shall not exceed $300,000. When required by the commissioner to file a cash bond or a continuous surety bond in an additional amount, the licensee shall comply with the commissioner's notification within thirty days after receiving that notification.

  • MFT-510 Motor Fuel Excise Tax Surety Bond

For additional information regarding Bonding Requirements, please see the West Virginia Code §11-14C-13.