Request for Letter of Good Standing

A Statement of Good Standing is issued by the West Virginia State Tax Department. If the Tax Department is unable to issue a Letter of Good Standing a denial will be issued with detailed information concerning non-compliant issues such as tax liabilities or outstanding returns.

News for Good Standing

Current state licensing for the Alcohol Beverage Control Administration is underway. The ABCA requires a Statement of Good Standing. To obtain a letter of good standing please see the detailed information below under “How do I request a Letter of Good Standing?” The deadline for licensing with ABCA is June 30, 2019.​


For assistance, please contact a Taxpayer Services Support Unit Representative at (304) 558-3333 or (800) 982-8297 and follow the prompts for Statement of Good Standing Requests.