Business Registration

Business for West Virginia

The Business for West Virginia Website is your online portal to state business services in West Virginia. Start here to establish a new West Virginia business or bring your out-of-state company to the Mountain State. Return here to keep your business filings current.

Business Registration


Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) online at the Website of the Internal Revenue Service.

Bingo and Raffle


Collection Agencies:

Drug Paraphernalia

Consumer Fireworks/Sparkler and Novelties

The State Tax Department no longer administers the licensing or registration of sparklers and novelties. For information regarding licensing and registration for fireworks, sparklers and novelties, please call the West Virginia Office of the State Fire Marshal, Regulatory and Licensing section, Consumer Fireworks division at (304) 558-2191.

North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)

Classification Codes

Transient Vendors